Monday, October 11

Yoga

After resting my sore shoulder/back from too many resistive exercises, I got back in a Yoga class on Sunday.  If I had to measure a successful class based on how I felt before & after, then this class was an A+.  Muscle where tight & sore before hand and after a few poses (like the one above) then I felt great.  Ok, I have never quite mastered that pose, but nevertheless it was a great class.  I'm so proud of all of us who had to sit out of some of our normal exercises last week due to sore muscles.  Just think sore muscles continue to burn calories just to repair themselves!  Also, if you were taking a break to let your body heal that is so much better than just not being motivated to exercise.
Namaste


This is an arm balance pose called the "Crane", Baskasana for you Yogi's out there.  This is a slighly easier pose compared to the Eight-Angle pose above (Astavakrasana).  I have only been able to acheive the Crane pose once for a balance moment of .5 seconds.  Impressed?

9 comments:

  1. Dude. If I could do that pose, I'd consider my life officially successful.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mrs. Happy Pants-I agree lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel great after my yoga class too, even though I still do the beginner stance on several of the moves. I like mixing things up with my exercise. I think it's better for my body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a beginner version of that pose? ;)

    I love the way yoga makes me feel, but I rarely do it anymore. Maybe with winter coming, I'll have to consider fitting it back in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I get this half marathon out of the way (this weekend), I'm revamping my exercise schedule. Adding group classes, adding yoga, adding strength training....gotta keep running, but need to work that other stuff in!!! :-)

    I would LOVE to be able to do that pose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Deb-There is an earlier pose called the Crane that is almost "do-able" that I added to my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'll be doing either pose anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap! Is that top pose really even possible?! lol

    Wow! No wonder you ache after doing things like that to your body. Well done though, i never knew yoga was so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can do the crane, but it hurts my wrists like holy hell. And that other one-well that is just unnatural. ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete